Mr MAKANI HEMADRI
MBBS (Madras), FRCS (Edinburgh), MBA (Leics), ATP (Intermountain Health Care, Salt Lake City, USA), PSO (IHI, Boston, USA), TMP (Kings Fund, London)
- Consultant General Surgeon, Endoscopist and Director, Trent Cliffs Private Healthcare Limited
- Consultant General Surgeon (long term locum), NLG NHS FT
- National Executive Committee Member, British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Director, Zoom Health Limited
- Associate Specialist, General Surgery, NLG NHS FT
explore my timeline
Mr Hemadri is originally from Madras in India where he graduated from Stanley Medical College and had junior surgical training at Government General Hospital, Madras. He passed the PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board examination of the General Medical Council, UK) and started working in UK in the late 1980s. He obtained his Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons at Edinburgh.
Mr Hemadri has worked as an independent surgeon in India, Kuwait and England. He has worked in the surgical department at Scunthorpe and Goole from 2001 in a variety of roles and currently holds the post of Consultant General Surgeon.
- Hidden Heroes of NHS – BMA
- Staff Grade, General Surgery, NLG NHS FT
- Advocate, Clinical Human Factors Group
- Ambassador, NCEPOD
- Member, SAS Committee, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member Patients Liaison Group, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member, Advisory Committee, CORESS
- Leaders for Change Award holder – Health Foundation
Fellow, NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement
- Freedom To Speak Up Guardian, NLG NHS FT
- Fellow, University of Hull (Faculty of Healthcare Sciences)
- Staff Governor (elected, two terms), NLG NHS FT
- Honorary Clinical Tutor, Hull York Medical School
- Clinical Innovation and Improvement Lead, NLG NHS FT
Mr Makani Hemadri
some facts about me
In his private practice he provides elective surgery, out patient services and upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy. Mr Hemadri provides emergency surgery only in his NHS practice.
Mr Hemadri has a wide variety of interests including clinical quality improvement, safety, patient experience enhancement, lean methods, teaching, management, diversity issues (with an emphasis on race), travel, writing and yoga.
Mr Hemadri provides healthcare delivery improvement training and consultancy which is bespoke and specifically tailored to individuals and circumstances. He provides personalised, bespoke, one-to-one interview skills training courses for doctors.
Mr Hemadri is supported by a team of high quality professionals in the delivery of his services.
To make an appointment to consult Mr Hemadri for surgical and endoscopy consultations please contact 01724500870 or visit www.trentcliffs.co.uk
For interview skills training courses visit www.successatmedicalinterviews.co.uk
For Healthcare Delivery Improvement training and consultancy please fill in the contact form and we will get in touch with you.
don’t waste your time, make it online
MERIDIAN HOUSE, NORMANBY ROAD, SCUNTHORPE, UK, DN15 8QZ